TABB™ Sustainability Consulting
TABB™ offers valuable recycling and sustainability consulting services for businesses and community organizations in the packaging industry, including:
- Development of educational material focused on recycling, sustainability, and the bottle-to-bottle process
- Consulting on landfill diversion of plastic products with resin codes 3-7
- Education for Material Recovery Facilities (MRFs) on proper bottle collection techniques for improving material quality
- Conducting preliminary sustainability and waste audits at manufacturing facilities and MRFs
- Participating in bottle bill discussions and overall impacts on the plastic recycling stream
Recycling enables used packaging to be turned into resin for new packaging. This bottle to bottle recycling approach creates a sustainable life cycle for plastic packaging and benefits the environment and economy as well.
- Collecting and recycling plastic bottles eliminates thousands of pounds of CO2 emissions from releasing into Earth’s atmosphere.
- Recycling creates more than 1 million US jobs in the recycled product manufacturing industry. There are 10 times more jobs in recycling than waste disposal.
- Recycling saves 3 to 4 times the amount of energy generated from incineration.
- One ton of recycled plastic saves 5,774 kwh of energy, 16.3 barrels of oil, 98 million BTU’s of energy and 30 cubic yards of landfill space
- Recycling 10 plastic bottles can save enough energy to power your laptop for an entire day.